Spicaresque:

A Spanglish blog dedicated to the works, ruminations, and mongrel pyrotechnics of Yago S. Cura, an Argentine-American poet, translator, publisher & futbol cretin. Yago publishes Hinchas de Poesia, an online literary journal, & is the sole proprietor of Hinchas Press.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

ODE TO THIERRY HENRY

So I have been working on Odes to major futbol players around the world. I have ones on Maradona, Pele, and Johan Cruyff, but am looking to diversify. I worked on one today for Thierry Henry who is now playing for Barce but made name with Arsenal. I started the day watching some of his youtube videos and thinking about the man, although this is exceedingly difficult because I don't know the man. But isn't that what an Ode is all about. Oh yeah, the pic is something I found on Google. I believe it's Henry with what the parlance of our times might call a ghetto blaster. And I also like the fact that he has natty hair, which of course now he doesn't.

So Far...

Goofy French kid with sniper-dreams
Makes name with Arsenal in N. England
As striker on the wing, crouching striker
Clever as rogue clover, diabolical as dander
Running roil over several defenders
Impala wings n the left lane of the airstrip
Not even a floating eye from the keeper
Nor a corner bot, nor a sweeper unit, nor plug
Can arret his goatshin bombast blowtorch

As you can tell this needs alot of work.

Spicaro

No comments: