Spicaresque:

A Spanglish blog dedicated to the works, ruminations, and mongrel pyrotechnics of Yago S. Cura, an Argentine-American poet, translator, publisher & futbol cretin. Yago publishes Hinchas de Poesia, an online literary journal, & is the sole proprietor of Hinchas Press.

Monday, January 28, 2008

MONDAY THRUSH

So this morning I had an interview...rocked. And to boot, I got to see the lower, Lower East Side in the morning, when it is loading/unloading its bevy of produce, fishstuffs, and comestibles. And if that weren't enough, I had enough time to kill before my first day of classes that I came home and heated up some rocket soup my Panda made for me.

This is the first of several moments I have had to myself today. I am thinking, how should I proceed? I need a full-time job but I do not want the drudgery that goes along with that. I could strike out and really invest in my tutoring/translation company that I have always wanted to get off the ground. The fact that I have multiple avenues to doodle with makes me feel like a shiny commodity. But do I want to give up my free time? And how much free time will it actually suck from my marrow.

Oh yeah, and the rocket soup my Panda made had ground chicken, corn, carrots, celery, and rice, Son! It was hearty, hale, and all that other good stuff. And I got to stuff some Triscuits down the gullet of my rocket soup bowl. The world is good,
and the word even better.

Jes!

Spicaro

No comments: