Spicaresque:

A Spanglish blog dedicated to the works, ruminations, and mongrel pyrotechnics of Yago S. Cura, an Argentine-American poet, translator, publisher & futbol cretin. Yago publishes Hinchas de Poesia, an online literary journal, & is the sole proprietor of Hinchas Press.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

There are officially two things that I am most worried about in my life at this moment.

1.) my mother, an immigrant to these United States by way of Argentina by way of Tucuman, is boostering for McCain in the upcoming election. This is no singular travesty of taste, mind you because my mother boostered for Jeb Bush to be elected the governor of Florida. In other words, my lefty, San Miguel de Tucuman, Pantera Alpaca Amaru, ex-communist scourge, possessor of a copy of Mao's little red book, surveyor of the Dirty War as it was transpiring with the Ford Falcons and the nocturnal tactics. And if that is not enough, my father, her partner in crime,the one that taught her how to elude tear-gas pellets and chant like a fucking hooligan. He tells me the other night when I was home visiting them that the problem with America is the immigrants. And I'm like Dad you are an immigrant. And he is like yes, but not like them.

2.) it irks me how no one is really making fun of obama except the daily show. their final day coverage of the dnc is pretty stellar stuff, especially because they are like o.g. correspondants, the hardest news group out, son. So I have included the hule episode for august 29th the night of the nomination. you should see it and laugh a little at obama and his big ass ears and try not to blinded by hope and change. i fear obama may be offering too much and we don't have the chutzpah to back it up. i mean when he says change, hopefully that involves everyone, including him.

here's the link for the video: http://www.hulu.com/watch/32855/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-fri-aug-29-2008

No comments: