Spicaresque:

A Spanglish blog dedicated to the works, ruminations, and mongrel pyrotechnics of Yago S. Cura, an Argentine-American poet, translator, publisher & futbol cretin. Yago publishes Hinchas de Poesia, an online literary journal, & is the sole proprietor of Hinchas Press.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

CHAZ FOLGAR, ILLUSTRATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE



So this is one of the illustrations that Chaz Folgar has completed for the new edition of "Ruberroom" that I am going to unleash on the world through Hinchas de Poesia Press. This particular illustration is inspired by the poem which you see below. Of all the things that I have written or worked on, this cycle of poems has garnered the most interest and attention.

Hinchas is going to release/distribute it through MagCloud. I am not sure how much they are going to charge for each one, but I am willing to bet it's going to be on the affordable side. I will keep you updated.


ACT FOUR, SCENE TWO: WHERE IS YOUR AIM?


At Discovery High
I am the teacher
that threw a chair
at a student, except
of course, I was aiming
for the smartass
blackboard.

I was not aiming
for any student
but for all of them.

It is just that I turned
my back for a sec
after setting my cretins free
on bullshit group practice
and sat down with one group
to troubleshoot

and the next thing I know
I am hurling a chair
from myself a chair
is coming from my hands

a quixotic missile
I can not to this day
explicate.

No comments: