Spicaresque:

A Spanglish blog dedicated to the works, ruminations, and mongrel pyrotechnics of Yago S. Cura, an Argentine-American poet, translator, publisher & futbol cretin. Yago publishes Hinchas de Poesia, an online literary journal, & is the sole proprietor of Hinchas Press.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

SEYBOLD BUILDING: INTERIOR: JEWELER'S FEES

There's an if you-hurry-me-fee and a fee for if you give me the wrong
size and I have to recast; there's a bring your pain-in-the-ass-wife
into my taller and I have to dust off some stools fee; there's a you-
fucked-me-once-before-fee, a fee based solely on a quotient of
vengeance; there's fees for having it finished for Saturday, even
though I'm here every Saturday; there's fees for express polishing
and steaming, for wrapping it in tissue paper like some diaphanuous
bonbon Satan's gifting.

there's a fee for if you come into my taller with muddy-ass Timbos
and make me mop a six by six tread of linoleum;

there's a fee for if you come in with a toy dog or in driving
slippers; there's a fee for if you cheap but your wifey is a Botox
dimepiece; there's a fee for if your last payment comes via my son via
a happy holidays smut pamphlet via a sign-off that hasn't been earned;

there's a fee for if your morph into a generic dildo and start belly-
aching over the price of diamonds; there's a fee for if my diamond guy
is coming in from Hyderabad and straight to the airport; there's a fee
for if you make me feel like I haven't snatched thistles of orodusted-
dander from the straight air and turned them gorgeous tines; there's a
fee for if you belong to the wrong soccer clubl there's a fee for if you
champion Ronaldo over Messi; there's a fee for if you spread the virus
of Argentinos insoportables; there's a fee for if you don't tell me how
Peronism makes you feel.

No comments: