Spicaresque:

A Spanglish blog dedicated to the works, ruminations, and mongrel pyrotechnics of Yago S. Cura, an Argentine-American poet, translator, publisher & futbol cretin. Yago publishes Hinchas de Poesia, an online literary journal, & is the sole proprietor of Hinchas Press.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Evo Morales is my Ninja!!!

I just read that "The Daily Show" established a website where you could see snippets of their episodes; I believe it's because of Viacom suing Google for a Billion dollars. I don't really care where I catch the episodes as long as I don't get a cable bill for it, although because I have DSL that's kind of besides the point I guess. I jsut watch such little television that it doesn't even make sense for me to get my favorite channel: Comedy Central.

I missed the Sept 15, 2007 interview that Evo Morales, the president of Bolivia, did with Jon Stewart. The interview went pretty smoothly but Morales does get to jokingly ask Stewart that the U.S. not think of them as on the "axis of evil" for having political relations with countries the U.S. likes to bully, like Venezuela and Cuba. It was pretty refreshing to hear Evo and what he has to say about the changes in Bolivia, etc. Interestingly, I read an article from the NY Times not too long ago talking about the vested interest that Morales was giving to an issue about soccer stadiums and the heights at which they are found in Latin America, i.e. the higher the altitude the stadium, the harder it becomes to engage in aerobic pursuits.

You can see the video at http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=103275&title=president-evo-morales

No comments: