Spicaresque:

A Spanglish blog dedicated to the works, ruminations, and mongrel pyrotechnics of Yago S. Cura, an Argentine-American poet, translator, publisher & futbol cretin. Yago publishes Hinchas de Poesia, an online literary journal, & is the sole proprietor of Hinchas Press.

Monday, March 9, 2009

PROPOSED EMAIL OF INTEREST TO MFA PROGRAMS AT CUNY

Dear Sir/Madam

My name is Yago Cura and I am a gradute student in the Library and Information Science program at Queens College. In addition, I possess an MFA in Creative Writing with a concentration in Poetry from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.

For my thesis, I am analyzing the C.U.N.Y.+ catalog to determine whether it has a proportional amount of materials on Latino literature to Latino students.

More importantly, I am interested in ascertaining how the acquisition of Latino Poetry books would help aspiring Latino poets in the M.F.A. programs at Hunter, Brooklyn, City, and Queens Colleges.

I have been able to procure graduate enrollment rates by Race/Ethnicity from the materials supplied by the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment, but could use the departmental data on Race/Ethnicity that your program office has collected to arrive at very specific numbers.

This level of specificity will benefit my research and your programs because utlimately the better the library's collection of Latino Poetry, the better your students will be serviced. I am writing today to enlist your help in this process.

Thank You,

Yago Cura

No comments: