Spicaresque:

A Spanglish blog dedicated to the works, ruminations, and mongrel pyrotechnics of Yago S. Cura, an Argentine-American poet, translator, publisher & futbol cretin. Yago publishes Hinchas de Poesia, an online literary journal, & is the sole proprietor of Hinchas Press.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

THE SEVEN STEPS TO RESEARCH


Today in my Info Literacy class at Queens College we were introduced to the Cornell University Library's website tutorials. I brought it up in class that an article that I had used on the paper I turned in today also had seven steps. When I asked my professor about this discrepancy and suggested that the authors of the article I used had ripped off the idea from Cornell, my professor said that it was commonly accepted fact that the process (research) takes from six to seven steps. I found the online tutorials and the ancillary web pages that emanate from the index page of the 7 Steps of the Research Process to be quite helpful, even for a person about to finish a degree in Library Science. Check it out and let me know what you think because I would like to use this website at my job at Bronx Community College as a checklist for students that are conducting research themselves.

No comments: