Spicaresque:

A Spanglish blog dedicated to the works, ruminations, and mongrel pyrotechnics of Yago S. Cura, an Argentine-American poet, translator, publisher & futbol cretin. Yago publishes Hinchas de Poesia, an online literary journal, & is the sole proprietor of Hinchas Press.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

POSTCARD FEAT # 2 WITH JIM HEAVILY: I WALK ELAN

I WALK ELAN by Yago S. Cura


Saturday morning, operating on Gargantuan Blvd,
I walk an Xmas-dog I like to call, Elan.

Elan feels like an over-eager Midas associate.
Elan feels that I am trying to pull one over
on him grossly damn loud.

He is that unassembled by the elements.

However, this happens to be a particularly crisp sojourn
into the Solstice, through cobalt, and Pacific heather.

And, I am not the homestead of startling properties
that I once was when the Boulevard was therapy for the solvent.

Nowadays, I am at a branch of the library where torque is a sonata:
a pianissimo played by the collusion of automobiles "exhausting."

Elan is driving to work in a totaled crimson Volvo which
exhibits regenerative protocols; he is driving to his job
designing Ferris Wheels.

They are building one for the Sesquicentennial called,
Derelict Specter.

No comments: