Spicaresque:

A Spanglish blog dedicated to the works, ruminations, and mongrel pyrotechnics of Yago S. Cura, an Argentine-American poet, translator, publisher & futbol cretin. Yago publishes Hinchas de Poesia, an online literary journal, & is the sole proprietor of Hinchas Press.

Monday, June 29, 2009

APPLICATION LETTER FOR ACAD LIB JOB AT LEHMAN

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing to apply for the Electronic Resources and Web Services Librarian position at Lehman College that was recently posted on the Queens College G.S.L.I.S. listserv. I am a recent graduate of the Queens College Library and Information Science program and a 2007-2008 A.L.A. Spectrum Scholar, but have been working in academic libraries and museums since 2007. This position seems ideal for my experience, education, and skills. I am eager to bring my knowledge-base and camaraderie to the position, especially since I am a proud graduate of Lehman College (Advanced Certificate in Secondary English Ed, 2007).
At the current moment, I am a college assistant with the Learning Resource Center at Bronx Community College and a member of L.A.C.U.N.Y.; I have been employed by B.C.C. since February of 2008, and plan on returning in the Fall as a Librarian Adjunct. I help students navigate over one hundred online indexes, and assist them to construct research strategies for their queries. In addition, I support librarians conducting bibliographic instruction sessions, and have been known to cover a session for an instructor that has an emergency and must be absent.
I have also created web-based tutorials for popular research websites like www.citationmachine.net using Adobe's Captivate. Likewise, I have created a webpage for the Learning Resource Center at Bronx Community College using Dreamweaver. During the fall and spring, the Learning Resource Center services approximately 75 students a day, and the college itself services a little over 9,000 students a year. While it may be difficult to estimate how many students I help on a daily basis, it is the interaction with students that I find most satisfying and productive.
I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you to discuss your employment needs and my qualifications in greater detail. I may be reached at the number listed above. Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Yago Cura

enclosure

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo son, kudos, didn't know you grabbed that Lehman degree as well. Dis looks like a good job bestia!

when's the deadline for Hinchas?