Spicaresque:

A Spanglish blog dedicated to the works, ruminations, and mongrel pyrotechnics of Yago S. Cura, an Argentine-American poet, translator, publisher & futbol cretin. Yago publishes Hinchas de Poesia, an online literary journal, & is the sole proprietor of Hinchas Press.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

THE AWARD FOR BEST SOUVENIR GOES TO ILYANA DURAN-CONTRERAS


Panda's cousin-sister just got back from BA and brought me the most amazing gift. She brought me an Eloisa Cartonera edition of a short story/novella written by Washington Cucurto titled, El Amor es Mucho Mas Que una Novela de 500 Paginas that is off the fucking hook!

Panda and I are fighting over who gets to take the book with them in the morning, and last night I got all wankerish over her taking it out if we were going to have dinner with friends. De verdad que soy un pinche wanker a veces!

I am thinking of sending my manuscript over there to get published by Eloisa Cartonera or of doing anything with them because what they do seems like its being done for the pure joy and nothing more.

No comments: